Posted Tuesday, March 5th 2013 @ 12pm
When you are swept up in the excitement of a relationship it’s easy to miss the warning signs that the guy you are with might not be the right one for you. It is so easy to get stuck in a toxic relationship that it's important to keep an eye out for signs that the person you are dating is the wrong guy. Here's how to spot a bad boyfriend:
- Your friends and family don't like him: If your older brother thinks your new guy is a punk, he might just be over-protective, but if every one in your inner circle has complaints about your man, it might be time to seriously consider if he is right for you.
- He trash talks all his exes: Having a bad break up is normal, but if he bad mouths every single one of his exes, it's a red flag! It is a sign of immaturity and an inability to take responsibility for his faults in a relationship.
- He doesn't compromise: You always do what he wants to do and only hang out with his friends − not healthy! Relationships are a two-way street. Compromise and communication are essential.
- You never go anywhere: If the only time you see your guy is when he comes over for a sleep over, he is not serious about you. If having a strictly physical relationship is cool with you − then enjoy! But if you are looking for a serious boyfriend … this is not the guy!
- He is jealous all the time: Healthy jealousy is normal and sometimes a turn-on, but if he is jealous all the time that means he doesn't trust you. There is no such thing as a relationship without trust! (Gurl)